Sofradir has built upon its expertise in infrared imaging in the defense market to offer a wide range of shortwave, midwave, longwave and very longwave infrared products that are highly suitable for commercial applications needing high sensitivity and accuracy.
Based on four infrared imaging technologies: HgCdTe or MCT (Mercury Cadmium Telluride), InGaAs (Indium Gallium Arsenide) and QWIP (Quantum Well Infrared Photodetector), Sofradir IR detectors are used for:
Security & safety
- Surveillance: border, airport or harbor surveillance
- Gas detection: ability to detect a wide range of gas molecules.
- Thermography: Very sensitive thermography cameras for automation.
- Process control: Quality control of food & beverage or photovoltaic panel inspection.
- Recycling: specific plastics and materials sorting.
Hyperspectral imaging :
- Environmental analysis, among others